Tourism translation in the USA is required if you want to get more sales and profits in this promising market.
According to studies, 72.1% of consumers spend most or all their time on websites in their native language. This alone gives us a lot of motivation to invest in translation services.
In this part 2, we will show everything you need to know about tourism translation in the USA.
3. What to localize in tourism translation in the US?
- Your social media channels
Social platforms are the golden goose of the tourism industry, with their ability to connect tourists or clients on a global scale and at a low cost. This increases brand awareness and, as a result, boosts sales of products and services. As their importance in our travel lives grows, it should come as no surprise that there is a demand for shareable information to be available in different languages.
To “win” on social media, you have to increase the rate of engagement. However, getting engagement is becoming increasingly challenging for tourism businesses. Adding additional languages is one way to open your business up, as it allows your customers to engage in the language that they are comfortable in.
Additionally, expanding the language locales of your social media platforms increases the likelihood of obtaining User Generated Content (UGC) from engaged travelers. Many studies have shown that such UGC is extremely valuable online content and has a positive influence on the decision-making process of tourists (e.g. Munar, A.M. and Jacobsen, J.K.S., 2014. Motivations for sharing tourism experiences through social media. Tourism management, 43, pp.46–54).
- Tourism translation in the US: Localize your blog is a need
As blogging has regained popularity, more and more business owners are considering how they might use this method to attract new customers. If your company already has a blog, you know how important language is and how strong writing makes for a good blog (and vice versa, of course).
You should have native speakers translate and localize your content into your target audiences. If this is not the case, you can have creative translators adapt your content and use proofreading and validation as additional quality control steps.
- Tourism translation in the US: Your operational content should be translated and localized to fit well with your target audience
Signs, menus, brochures, itineraries, contracts, and a variety of other on-site text are examples of these translations. The advantages of translating these operational content include expanding your customer base, avoiding customer confusion, and increasing your revenue. Additionally, having different on-site languages demonstrates your professionalism and the respect you have for your customers.
Choose GTE Localize for your tourism translation
The above is an introduction to the importance of tourism translation in the US tourism industry. By now it should be clear how fundamentally important it is to translate your content into different languages in the US, and how localization can help businesses develop sustainably in this highly competitive market.
To translate your travel & tourism information accurately, you need to use a translation agency that specializes in the tourism sector.
Accurate, professional translations and creative content are vital to breaking down the language barriers that prevent fluid communication between your business and many ethnicities in the U.S. GTE Localize offers professional tourism translation in the USA in more than 150 languages. We have been working with tourism companies for years, understanding the challenges that might arise in translation for tourism and how to address them.
If you are looking for a professional Language Services Provider to get your tourism translation in the US market completed, look no further than GTE Localize:
- As a member of the Globalization and Localization Association (GALA) and an ISO 9001:2015 certified agency, we provide high-quality translations to our clients.
- Thanks to a wide pool of top-rated and experienced native translators, GTE Localize provides hospitality and tourist translation services from English to hundreds of target languages and vice versa in a short amount of time.
- We use cutting-edge technology to streamline our translation operation and save money for our clients. In addition, we have personalized translation management where we store all progress and details of your project. Our unique algorithm lets you capitalize on each translation, transforming your multilingual content into valuable assets for your company.
- GTE Localize is ranked as one of the most professional translation services by the GoodFirms research team, and client reviews can be seen.
We are ready to assist you with any tourism translation in the US you may have. Contact our experts right now for a free consultation or a free 300-word test!
If you are interested in the Asian market, download our whitepaper for tips on how to localize your content into different Asian languages.